Thursday, February 3, 2011

My baby boy is here!


Well not exactly new news because he is 4wks old already. It is the hardest thing that I have ever done. I don't just mean being a new mom, I mean breast-feeding and raising a toddler too. Lord. ( well to be accurate I have a 10 yr old too, and Hubby's 19 yro lives here too ) It's alot to deal with and I have days where my patience for  another missed potty training day makes me cry. I have days where I feel like a super woman and actually get laundry, cooking, workouts, tanning, cleaning kitchen done and still have energy to put this boy to sleep. The last week has been the most challenging, he really has no interest in going to sleep at night, in fact he would prefer to just scream and tell me so until about 2 or 3 in the morning. Last night I fell asleep crying as i gazed at the clock at 3:45 and held my breath that he would sleep for hours. Somehow I woke up today and ended up having a fantastic day. Should've taken a big nap but that's tough to do when you think you are superwoman. My eldest turns 11 tomorrow and I ordered an electric guitar for her. I am very blessed to be able to do things like that for her.

On a running note:  I spent most the morning and afternoon daydreaming of running my first full marathon. The Twin Cities Marathon registration opening was today and I found myself wondering Was it possible? Did I have time? will my plantar return? I stared at the registration form most the day, inbetween coordinating some craiglist sales and some other freecycle things I promised. It has been below zero here and honestly it's days like this that I'm glad it's too early to be running because it would just be tempting me. I feel less guilty this way.  Anyway at the end of the day after speaking with my husband, he says go for it! I know you will be able to do it. So I hung up and filled out the form. He is right, I can do this. I have 37 weeks to prepare.......

1 comment:

  1. L-O-V-E IT! Absolutely love it! I will be there cheering you on. That is awesome news girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete